Learning ASP.NET Core MVC Programming (English Edition)
Price: EUR 23,29
(as of Feb 25,2020 08:35:46 UTC – Details)
- Get a first-principles coverage of ASP.NET MVC and the latest release, Core
- This book is uniquely designed for developers who are looking to transition their skills into the .NET development field
- The standalone chapter structure leaves you free to explore ASP.NET MVC to immediately solve your pain points
ASP.NET Core MVC helps you build robust web applications using the Model-View-Controller design. This guide will help you in building applications which can be deployed on non-windows platforms such as Linux. In today’s age, it is crucial that you possess the ability to separate the programming and business logic, and this is exactly what ASP.NET Core MVC application will help you achieve. This version comes with a number of improvements that enable fast, TDD-friendly development to create sophisticated applications. You would also learn the fundamentals of Entity framework and on how to use the same in ASP.NET Core web applications.
The book presents the fundamentals and philosophies of ASP.NET Core. Starting with an overview of the MVC pattern, we quickly dive into the aspects that you need to know to get started with ASP.NET. You will learn about the core architecture of model, view, and control.
Integrating your application with Bootstrap, validating user input, interacting with databases, and deploying your application are some of the things that you will be able to execute with this fast-paced guide. The end of the book will test your knowledge as you build a fully working sample application using the skills you’ve learned throughout the book.
What you will learn
- Get to know the concepts of ASP.NET MVC and build a new static web page using HTML, CSS, and jQuery
- Set up a development environment and run a sample application using the template
- Create a Controller with action methods
- Build a view using several features of the Razor View engine
- Construct a Model for ASP.NET Core MVC application
- Devise a custom mechanism to provide maximum flexibility to your application through routing
- Validate the user input on the client side using jQuery
- Enhance your applications using Bootstrap
- Explore new configuration and deployment scenarios—step by step guide to deploying ASP.NET Core web application in Linux
About the Author
Mugilan T. S. Ragupathi has been working on building web-based applications using Microsoft technology for more than a decade. He has been active in the ASP.NET community and has been running a successful blog, www.dotnetodyssey.com to help his fellow .NET developers.
His free beginners’ course for ASP.NET MVC 5 (http://www.dotnetodyssey.com/asp-net-mvc-5-free-course/) was well received and is referred to as a concrete reference for beginners. He can be seen at csharp subreddit / Stack Overflow. He has written free micro eBooks, The 7 Most Popular Recipes of jQuery with ASP.NET Web Forms and Value & Reference types in C# (http://www.dotnetodyssey.com/free-ebooks/).
His book has received a good response and you can see the proof from one of his readers at https://twitter.com/jeffadamez. He is also an active contributor in Quora to the ASP.NET community (https://www.quora.com/profile/Mugil-Ragu). He likes to help readers with queries regarding ASP.NET.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to ASP.NET Core
- Setting Up the Environment
- Beautifying ASP.NET MVC Applications with Bootstrap
- Deployment of ASP.NET Core Application
- Building HTTP-based Web Services Using ASP.NET Web API
- Improving Performance of an ASP.NET Core Application
- ASP.NET Core Identity